My name is Gabbi Coppa, and I am a freshman here at Cannon School. I am organizing a dress drive for Operation Deploy Your Dress, an organization that collects formal dresses/accessories for military families who attend special events and can’t afford formal wear. My father was deployed when my older sister was a young child, and my mother and sister lived at Fort Campbell, an army post in Tennessee. They met many families, including the founders of Operation Deploy Your Dress, who moved all over the country and struggled financially without a steady income.
Do you make up songs? Lyrics? Love to create music? Wish you had an opportunity to make a lasting impression?
This is the inaugural year of the Cannon School Composition Contest! We would love to hear your musical ideas and give you a chance to have them performed. Please click the link to the Composition Contest to find out more information.
Cannon HOSA’s BAKE SALE for BeTheMatch
Our Cannon HOSA Chapter is hosting a BAKE SALE to fundraise for BeTheMatch!
BeTheMatch is a program led by a non-profit organization called the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) that helps patients suffering from leukemia and sickle cell cancer. 70% of patients needing a transplant depend on BeTheMatch to find a match to save their life.
Every dollar we raise will help grow the registry, provide grants to patient families, and fund research to make transplant safer and more available to all patients.
We will be hosting a BAKE SALE on Thursday, January 20th, 2022 in the Quad during Lunch. Items starting at $2! Cash, Venmo, and CashApp will be accepted!
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Rayyan Syed (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Oswald (email@example.com).
Your HOSA Leadership Team,
Rayyan Syed, William Lomax, Bernard Boon, Leo Kohlhepp, Nicole Ratterman, and Mrs. Oswald
“Strive to be a person of value, success will undeniably follow.” – Nenci Rodriguez
Sophie Pittman showed TEAMWORK by creating a Quizlet to help classmates study. Way to go Sophie!
Room 404 – The CSG Room
Many of you have gotten the opportunity to check out the Coding/Maker Computer Lab and esports room in 404 in the MiLL. If you haven’t seen it yet, come check it out!
Cannon School Gaming (CSG) esports is a club open to all Cannon students. Email Mr Tran (firstname.lastname@example.org) to join.
- During class blocks, absolutely no gaming activities are allowed, as the room is an academic resource during that time. Absolutely no students may use the room during their drop period.
- In order to gain access to the room outside of academic time, students need to be part of CSG (but not necessarily on a competitive team) in order to use the room so that they can be held accountable for CSG rules, Cannon’s RUP, and in-person/online behavior.
- Before or after school, lunch time, and Office Hour (not Student Life or CORE) use is okay with a staff or faculty member present.
- CSG esports team matches and practices take priority in the room.
- Absolutely no food and drinks are allowed in the room or the couches outside, but you can eat at the MiLL tables . Water is okay but cannot be placed on desks.