“The mind’s direction is more important than its progress.”-Joseph Joubert
Esther Burlington showed TEAMWORK when she helped a student pick up spilled fries in the cafeteria.
Esther Burlington demonstrated KINDNESS by cleaning up a spill that was not her own in a classroom.
Members of Ms. Hoffman’s Yoga Class: Esther Burlington, Katie Caplan, Lydia Craven, Madison Kirby, Sarah Leonard, Cassie Lott, Jasmine McRae, Olivia Neilsen, showed kindness & teamwork in welcoming new Upper School Counselor, Ms. Anna Allred-McGee. Thank you students!
Jackson Carlock showed INTEGRITY when he cleaned up trash that was not his mess. Leading the way!
Ben Majors showed COURAGE when he won one of the contests during the Senior BBQ event.
Ashley Fowler displayed kindness when she went to extraordinary lengths (imagine parkour moves) to open the door for fellow students.
Kaitlyn Meadows showed TEAMWORK when she got 4 rulers to help her physics friends. WTG, Kaitlyn!!!
Claire Northrup showed TEAMWORK when she took a leadership role and texted her Advisory where to be. Boom…there it is!
KJ showed TEAMWORK when he hustled some rulers back to their home in the physics room. You go, KJ!!
****Do you want a RESERVED PARKING SPOT to count on all year long? If so, submit a bid for one of 4 primo parking spots in the senior parking lot. This silent auction is open to any and all drivers in our Cannon School community. Bidding will close at 5 pm on Friday, August 26th. Winning bids will be paid by Monday, August 29th and then you may begin parking in that spot. Please see Dean Zelaya if you have any questions.
***PERU TRIP SPRING BREAK 2023 (3/11 – 3/17)
- If you’re interested in going to Peru over Spring Break 2023 to visit Lima, Cuzco and Machu Pichu send an email to Mr. Sinden. We still have some spots available and are looking for more folks to come on this awesome trip!
- Reach out with any questions – it is going to be an incredible way to spend Spring Break!
****We are looking for two or three reliable folks to help in the Press Box during home JV and Varsity football games. Ideally, you would only need to “work” for ½ of a game each week. Your duties would be to help “spot” the plays, help collect and write announcements, and maybe even help with the scoreboard and announcing! If you are interested in being a part of The Room With the View, please email Mr. Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org
****Students and faculty may access the US Library’s Schoology page by:
- Go to “Courses” and click on the “My Courses” link in the right corner
- Select “Join a Course”
- Enter the following access code: SQB2-9PQP-CFVXK
Do you want to volunteer? Have you had trouble finding service hours? Look no further – Cougar House is here to help!
What is it?
Cougar House is an outlet to find organizations that need YOU! Our bulletin board compiles information about opportunities to serve. It was made by students for students.
Why “Cougar House”?
Unlike the House system where students compete, Cougar House represents unity through service. Everyone wins when students reach out and make a difference in their community.
The bulletin board is next to room 501. A website is coming later this semester!
Have you had a positive experience volunteering recently? Let us know about the organization! Fill out this form or get in touch through email: email@example.com
Mathnasium of North Charlotte is hiring! Come and share your math expertise. Mathnasium is a math-only learning center that helps kids catch up, keep up, and get ahead in math.
We offer part-time, flexible instructor positions working with students K-12. We are located in North Charlotte only 10 minutes from Cannon (also a stop on the Cannon bus route as needed).
Take a look at our website if you’re interested www.mathnasium.com/northcharlotte. You can call us at (704) 940-2882Error! Filename not specified. or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to find out more.
Anyone interested in receiving information about girls basketball, please click on the link below to complete the form by Wednesday, August 24th.
Varsity/JV Girls Basketball Interest 2021-2022
Now is the time to sign up to audition for Cannon Theater Company’s winter musical “Freaky Friday”! Pick a Saturday (Aug 27, Sep 10, or Sep 17) to come from 1:00-4:00pm. Each day has room for 20 people. All necessary details are in the email Mr. Mac sent you on August 15. Feel free to reply to that email with any questions.
Seniors, Juniors & Sophomores are invited to sign-up in SCOIR for visits with College Admission Representatives. Representatives have the option to visit Cannon School in-person or via Zoom. Check SCOIR for the most up-to-date listing of college representative visits and to learn in what format they will visit Cannon. Use this Zoom Meeting Link to connect for virtual visits. You may come to The Cube if you are on campus during the rep visit and need a place to log into the Zoom session. We recommend you bring headphones for the Zoom visit!
- Open Space
- CUBE is open to all grade levels and all students.
- CUBE hours are 7:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- The CUBE is CLOSED during lunch.
- Purpose of the Space
- Classroom for CC Team
- Meeting Room for College Rep Visits
- Individual Study Space
- Collaborate with Peers
- Leisure time (at an appropriate volume)
- Respect the Space
- Welcome college rep visitors and respectfully leave if you are not attending the scheduled session.
- Clean up after yourself – remove all trash and belongings before you leave the room, erase the whiteboard if you use it, and maintain cleanliness of the microwave and tables (use wipes/spray provided).
- If you move furniture, put it back as you found it before you leave the room.
- If you open a window, close it before you leave.
- Use of Smartboard must be approved by the College Counseling Team (come ask one of us before using it).
- Keep the lights on and doors open at all times. (Students may close the door for a club meeting only).
Please be aware that College Counseling reserves the right to close The CUBE if students are unable to be good stewards of the space.