“Join the College Counseling Team for a new Lunch & Learn Series! Please note that some events are open to specific grade levels (specified below). Please RSVP HERE for all events you plan to join.
- Gap Year | Feb 2 | Juniors and Seniors
- International Studies | Feb 9 | Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors
- Military Academies | Feb 16 | Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors
Do you make up songs? Lyrics? Love to create music? Wish you had an opportunity to make a lasting impression?
This is the inaugural year of the Cannon School Composition Contest! We would love to hear your musical ideas and give you a chance to have them performed. Please click the link to the Composition Contest to find out more information.
Hello Cannon Upper School!
The Ink is taking final submissions of artwork and writing right now! If you are interested in submitting, please look at the information below.
For writing submissions, please print 2 hard copies of each piece, with the title of your work, your real name, and pseudonym, and drop them off in The Ink bin located in the English office. If you have any questions regarding this please reach out to Mr. Smith or Mrs. Coughlin. You can submit up to 3 pieces of written work.
For any artwork (drawings, prints, illustrations, photography, paintings, graphic design/digital artwork, multimedia pieces, video, and audio performances), please submit to this link here. Make sure that your image has your first and last name in it. You can submit as many pieces as you like! If you plan on doing more than one you’ll have to submit to the form multiple times. If you have any questions about how to photograph or submit your work, please contact Mr. Rogers.
The submission deadline for everything is February 9th.
This is the final time for anyone to submit their work to The Ink. We look forward to seeing everyone’s creativity!
The Ink Committee
Come learn about Cannon’s coding classes!
Whether you’re an experienced full-stack developer, someone who has no idea what that means but thinks coding sounds cool, or anywhere in between, there are coding class offerings available for students of every level of experience. Swing by Foundation Hall this coming Thursday the 27th during the start of Office Hours (10:05-10:20) to learn more, and email Mush (email@example.com) if you can’t make it or have questions in the meantime.
The Cannon Track & Field Team Store is now open. Required items are the Nike Epic Jacket (personalized with last name on back) and short sleeve t-shirt (color of your choice). If you do not already have black warmup pants, please also order the Nike Epic pants. Beyond this you are welcome to order anything else you want. Please get your orders in by this weekend. The store will close on January 24th, and we will not be able to reopen it. Here is the link:
Sophomore CORE on Monday, January 24th will be in the following locations:
Humanitas: Mrs. Smith’s classroom
Impetus: Library Annex
Integritas: The CUBE
“If you can’t yet do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napoleon Hill
Over the Weekend:
1/23: Erin Lehman and Olivia Yates
I am proud to announce that Ian Kuo, Ishara Shrestha-Rai, and Kenzie Sturgill have won chairs in the Western Regional All-State Orchestra. They will go on to Appalachian State University to perform and represent Cannon School. They competed against many talented musicians to be selected for this orchestra. Please join me in congratulating them!
Room 404 – The CSG Room
Many of you have gotten the opportunity to check out the Coding/Maker Computer Lab and esports room in 404 in the MiLL. If you haven’t seen it yet, come check it out!
Cannon School Gaming (CSG) esports is a club open to all Cannon students. Email Mr Tran (firstname.lastname@example.org) to join.
- During class blocks, absolutely no gaming activities are allowed, as the room is an academic resource during that time. Absolutely no students may use the room during their drop period.
- In order to gain access to the room outside of academic time, students need to be part of CSG (but not necessarily on a competitive team) in order to use the room so that they can be held accountable for CSG rules, Cannon’s RUP, and in-person/online behavior.
- Before or after school, lunch time, and Office Hour (not Student Life or CORE) use is okay with a staff or faculty member present.
- CSG esports team matches and practices take priority in the room.
- Absolutely no food and drinks are allowed in the room or the couches outside, but you can eat at the MiLL tables . Water is okay but cannot be placed on desks.