“Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” Truman Capote
|0 0 0 0|
A big Admission Office thank you to the following students for their help with new student orientation. Your kindness and teamwork was appreciated!
Giselle Rashid modeled KINDNESS when she happily held the door for many of us on our way to our first Community Meeting of the year.
***Exciting news, you may eat lunch in the cafeteria this year. Please remember you may eat lunch outside in the Quad under the tent.
***Welcome back Upper School’ers, we are looking forward to providing you great food service options with a return to a more normal pre-March 2020 service standard
Here are a couple of quick notes, as far as the dining hall goes.
1. All stations are open. This includes Fulls revive deli, salad bar, soup station, drink station, panini presses, drink coolers, fruit and yogurt bar.
2. In an effort to provide an extra layer of sanitation, I ask that anytime you use, a shelf service station that you put on disposable glove that will be located by the serving lines, salad bar and panini presses.
3. Please know your PIN number. This will help move the cashier lines more quickly. It does slow down, when we have to look up your account by name. Your PIN number is the last 4 digits of your student ID
4. The dining hall is open as far as a place where you may eat your lunch. HOWEVER, I do need one favor. I need all upper school students to begin exiting the seating area before 11:30am (Yes, I know you still have 10 minutes left for your lunch) However, our 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders will be arriving and sitting in the dining hall beginning at 11:30
5. Please be patient with lines and try to maintain 3 feet distance. The first few days, the lines are always typically a bit longer.
6. The cafeteria opens at 7am and closes at 3pm. Breakfast is served from 7:15-9:30. Snacks and drinks are available all day
7. Enjoy the food 🙂
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me. I can be found in the cafeteria almost all the time or you can email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seniors: If you are interested in being considered for a Cannon School nomination for any of these highly competitive scholarships (Levine, Morehead Cain, Park, Bryan, Belk, Centennial or Jefferson) please review the linked handouts for steps/directions on how to proceed. Contact your college counselor with specific questions.
All Upper School Students: The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) is hosting a series of virtual college fairs. Follow this link to learn more.
- August 29, 2021: Signature College Fair 12:00 – 5:00 pm CDT
- September 12, 2021: Signature College Fair 12:00 – 5:00 pm CDT
- September 28, 2021: Northeastern U.S. College Fair 3:00 – 7:00 pm CDT
- October 3, 2021: Signature College Fair 12:00 – 5:00 pm CDT
- October 14, 2021: Midwest U.S. College Fair 4:00 – 8:00 pm CDT
- October 24, 2021: Signature College Fair 12:00 – 5:00 pm CDT
- November 2, 2021: Arts and STEM College Fair 3:00 – 7:00 pm CDT
- November 14, 2021: Signature College Fair 12:00 – 5:00 pm CDT