“The time is always right to do what is right.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
***Nacho Average Food Truck will be on campus today. Please take a look at the menu:
Trouble getting or staying organized? Difficulty managing your time? Need an accountability partner to help keep your goals on track? Looking for some fresh work or study space scenery? Absences or early dismissals got you feeling behind? How can Academic Coaching at Cannon (ACC) help you push to a strong finish for Trimester 2?
Sign up for an academic coaching session (Room 606) – time slots are available this week! Our Academic Coaching team (Mrs. Weakland, Mr. Smith, Mrs. Kulp, Mr. Hatcher, Mrs. Calles, and Mrs. Mattsson) are ready to support YOU in the way YOU choose! YOU decide date and time of appointment, frequency of appointments (3x is recommended!), length of appointment, and the content of appointment.
Use the ACADEMIC COACHING QR CODES posted throughout the building and outside teachers’ classrooms to secure an appointment with one of our AWESOME Academic Coaches!
There will be a meeting for all men interested in playing Varsity Golf for Cannon School for the 2020 season on Tuesday, February 4 at 11:15 am in the Marion Field House. Please meet Coach Whisenant at this time to learn more about the season and tryouts.
Let’s clear the air and protect what we love! Drop in for an evening of aerial yoga and environmental awareness. This event will take place on Saturday, February 22 at The Yoga Cove Concord. All are welcome! We will be hosting 4 sessions, starting at 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, and 6:30 pm. Admission price is $12 for one 30 minute session. The funds from this event will be donated to Sustain Charlotte, a local non-profit that supports and inspires our world’s citizens to live healthy, sustainable lives. We hope you will consider joining us! To register, click on the link below:
Together, we can make a world of difference.
Emily Busby and Sara Trufant
RHO KAPPA, Social Studies Honor Society is the only national organization for high school juniors and seniors that recognizes excellence in the field of Social Studies. RHO KAPPA provides national recognition and opportunities for exploration in the social studies.
The mission and purpose of this organization is:
- to promote scholarship and to recognize academic excellence in social studies in secondary school environments and the community.
- to provide through its local chapters opportunities for exploration in the social studies in secondary school environments and the community.
- to encourage interest in, understanding of, and appreciation for the social studies.
Candidates for membership should:
- Have been in attendance at the school in which the chapter resides for the equivalent of one semester prior to being considered.
- Have completed four semesters of courses in the field of social studies and be prepared to complete at least six semesters. The minimum grade point average for these courses is a weighted 3.67 or the numerical equivalent.
- Have an overall cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or the numerical equivalent.
- Have a proven track record of interest and participation in service-related activities.
- Have a proven track record of strong attendance and positive contribution to a community of learning in a social studies classroom.
If you meet the requirements listed above, please request an application from Ms. Harley at email@example.com no later than 31 January 2020 at 3 pm. Applications are due no later than 13 February 2020 at 3pm. Questions? Speak with any Social Studies teacher.
***Seniors, Juniors and Sophomores are invited to sign-up on Naviance Student to visit with College Admission Representatives coming to Cannon School. Students must get permission from their classroom teachers prior to attending an admissions event. Students who need assistance accessing their Naviance account or registering for college visits should contact their college counselor.
2/5: University of Tennessee, Knoxville
3/24: University of North Carolina at Wilmington and Baylor University