“The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win.” -Kobe Bryant
Leland Raines demonstrated KINDNESS when he offered to take lunch trays back to the dining hall.
Tucker Kelley demonstrated INTEGRITY when he turned in a wallet he found in the hallway.
Andrew Andujar demonstrated TEAMWORK when he helped Dean Zelaya with a task after school.
Come make cards with House Humanitas during lunch in the cube on Thursday and Friday to support the veterans of Honor Flight. Honor Flight is a non-profit organization dedicated to honoring and celebrating United States veterans. They transport as many military veterans as possible to see the memorials of the respective war they fought in Washington, DC, at no cost to the veterans. Hope to see you there!
Please use the link below to vote for Reigan Richardson as Charlotte’s High School Basketball Player of the Week!
Please use the link below to vote for DJ Nix as Charlotte’s High School Basketball Player of the Week:
House Humanitas and the Student Council are hosting a bake sale on Friday, January 31st during lunch. The proceeds will go to the Red Cross’s bushfire relief efforts. Buy a baked product and help your Australian brethren!
The Cannon girls’ and boys’ varsity basketball teams are playing Providence Day this Friday, January 31st.
To celebrate our fantastic basketball program, the Student Council is teaming up with the Athletics Department to host a pizza party at on 1/31 at 5:30pm in the cafeteria. There will be FREE pizza and soda. Stop by, grab some food, and watch our star players excel!
There will be a meeting for all men interested in playing Varsity Golf for Cannon School for the 2020 season on Tuesday, February 4 at 11:15 am in the Marion Field House. Please meet Coach Whisenant at this time to learn more about the season and tryouts.
The Track & Field Team Store is open now until Feb 2nd for ordering clothes.
Go to www.solplusapparel.com and click on CANNON
then down to HS Track & Field.
There are 3 REQUIRED items.
The price of the REQUIRED Hoodie includes
student’s last name printed on back.
Website will close on February 2nd!
If you are unable to attend, please stop by the math office sometime on Thursday afternoon (math drop) to get the information from Coach Taylor.
If you need to be sized for a uniform, please contact Coach Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org), ASAP! He has samples you can try on.
Let’s clear the air and protect what we love! Drop in for an evening of aerial yoga and environmental awareness. This event will take place on Saturday, February 22 at The Yoga Cove Concord. All are welcome! We will be hosting 4 sessions, starting at 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, and 6:30 pm. Admission price is $12 for one 30 minute session. The funds from this event will be donated to Sustain Charlotte, a local non-profit that supports and inspires our world’s citizens to live healthy, sustainable lives. We hope you will consider joining us! To register, click on the link below:
Together, we can make a world of difference.
Emily Busby and Sara Trufant
RHO KAPPA, Social Studies Honor Society is the only national organization for high school juniors and seniors that recognizes excellence in the field of Social Studies. RHO KAPPA provides national recognition and opportunities for exploration in the social studies.
The mission and purpose of this organization is:
- to promote scholarship and to recognize academic excellence in social studies in secondary school environments and the community.
- to provide through its local chapters opportunities for exploration in the social studies in secondary school environments and the community.
- to encourage interest in, understanding of, and appreciation for the social studies.
Candidates for membership should:
- Have been in attendance at the school in which the chapter resides for the equivalent of one semester prior to being considered.
- Have completed four semesters of courses in the field of social studies and be prepared to complete at least six semesters. The minimum grade point average for these courses is a weighted 3.67 or the numerical equivalent.
- Have an overall cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or the numerical equivalent.
- Have a proven track record of interest and participation in service-related activities.
- Have a proven track record of strong attendance and positive contribution to a community of learning in a social studies classroom.
If you meet the requirements listed above, please request an application from Ms. Harley at email@example.com no later than 31 January 2020 at 3 pm. Applications are due no later than 13 February 2020 at 3pm. Questions? Speak with any Social Studies teacher.