“The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.” -Kobe Bryant
Today: Mrs. Otey
Over the weekend 1/25: Robert Walley
Grace Dutton showed KINDNESS when she volunteered to clean the whiteboards in Mr. Zebracki’s math room.
***The Track & Field Team Store is open now until Feb 2nd for ordering clothes.
Go to www.solplusapparel.com and click on CANNON
then down to HS Track & Field.
There are 3 REQUIRED items.
The price of the REQUIRED Hoodie includes
student’s last name printed on back.
Website will close on February 2nd!
If you are unable to attend, please stop by the math office sometime on Thursday afternoon (math drop) to get the information from Coach Taylor.
If you need to be sized for a uniform, please contact Coach Taylor (email@example.com), ASAP! He has samples you can try on.
***Let’s clear the air and protect what we love! Drop in for an evening of aerial yoga and environmental awareness. This event will take place on Saturday, February 22 at The Yoga Cove Concord. All are welcome! We will be hosting 4 sessions, starting at 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, and 6:30 pm. Admission price is $12 for one 30 minute session. The funds from this event will be donated to Sustain Charlotte, a local non-profit that supports and inspires our world’s citizens to live healthy, sustainable lives. We hope you will consider joining us! To register, click on the link below:
Together, we can make a world of difference.
Emily Busby and Sara Trufant
*** Model UN Members: We will have a whole-team meeting MONDAY at LUNCH in the Library Annex! This will be a skill-building day led by our exec team, so please plan to be there! MEMBERS TRAVELING TO NYC: YOUR PARENT STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING FORMS ARE ALSO DUE TO MRS. SHAEFER TODAY! Please turn them in at our meeting!
RHO KAPPA, Social Studies Honor Society is the only national organization for high school juniors and seniors that recognizes excellence in the field of Social Studies. RHO KAPPA provides national recognition and opportunities for exploration in the social studies.
The mission and purpose of this organization is:
- to promote scholarship and to recognize academic excellence in social studies in secondary school environments and the community.
- to provide through its local chapters opportunities for exploration in the social studies in secondary school environments and the community.
- to encourage interest in, understanding of, and appreciation for the social studies.
Candidates for membership should:
- Have been in attendance at the school in which the chapter resides for the equivalent of one semester prior to being considered.
- Have completed four semesters of courses in the field of social studies and be prepared to complete at least six semesters. The minimum grade point average for these courses is a weighted 3.67 or the numerical equivalent.
- Have an overall cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or the numerical equivalent.
- Have a proven track record of interest and participation in service-related activities.
- Have a proven track record of strong attendance and positive contribution to a community of learning in a social studies classroom.
If you meet the requirements listed above, please request an application from Ms. Harley at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31 January 2020 at 3 pm. Applications are due no later than 13 February 2020 at 3pm. Questions? Speak with any Social Studies teacher.
Interested in becoming a Camp Cannon Jr Counselor? Please click on the link to complete the application:
If you need to complete a missed assessment, you must report to the Testing Center within the first 5 MINUTES of your drop. After School make-up testing begins at 3:15 PM.
Please allow proctors adequate time to arrive to the Testing Center. Keep in mind that teachers & after-school proctors are coming directly from their classrooms (where they just finished teaching) to the Testing Center to proctor.