“People don’t follow leaders, they follow what they see in leaders.” -Grant Kingsley
Alex Erdin and Reilly Smith
Please congratulate the following members of our Model UN team who have earned positions at our competition at VAMUN this month!!!!! : Lucas Kabasakalian, Zach Reulbach, Kate Nelson, Isabella Friedli, Akshi Kumar, Mahesh Vankineni, Sam Duty, Grant Haigney, and Josh Reynolds. We look forward to future conferences in the spring with many more of our members.
As cooler temperatures arrive for the fall season and more students are using the spaces in the upper school, please take a moment to review the following expectations for using the library:
- The library is for academic study. Please remember that the library is a shared space- be mindful of your classmates and their need for a study space that is conducive for academic pursuits. If you prefer to use your drop to watch Netflix, to play video games, or to talk with your friends, please use the commons or another place on campus.
- In order to maintain a clean study environment, please enjoy your lunch in the cafeteria.
- Three study rooms are available for use, but you must reserve a room in advance. Please see Mr. Kmidowski to register to use the small group study rooms
- The study carrel area is reserved for individual, silent study
- The annex is reserved for small group, quiet study
- Students entering the library agree to adhere to these expectations- this includes lunch and break time, student choice, and after school hours. Again, be mindful of your classmates!
National Art Honor Society Meeting
To all interested Visual Artists! We will hold our first National Art Honor Society meeting this Thursday, November 7 at Lunch in the US Art Studio. Come to learn about the awesome things we will be doing this year and how you can become a member of this amazing group.
CTC’s Fall One-Acts This Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!
Congratulations to Cannon Theater Company for their amazing performances of “An Incomplete History of Theater” and “Wake Up Call” at the North Carolina Theater Conference this past weekend! “An Incomplete History of Theater” earned awards for “Excellence in Collaborative Playwriting” for the full cast and “Excellence in Stage Management” for Vibha Maheswaran. “Wake Up Call”, earned “Excellence in Execution of Style”, and Faith Carpenter took home an “Excellence in Design and Production” award for her work as Deck Carpenter for both shows. Come see these shows this Thurs Nov 7, Fri Nov 8, and Sat Nov 9 from 7:00-9:00pm!
Students for Constitutional Government will be meeting on Thursday, November 7th from 11:15am to 12:00pm in the Library Annex. We will be discussing 2nd Amendment rights.
Trouble getting or staying organized? Difficulty managing your time? Need an accountability partner to help keep your goals on track? Looking for some fresh work or study space scenery? Absences or early dismissals got you feeling behind? How can Academic Coaching at Cannon (ACC) help you push to a strong finish for Trimester 1?
Sign up for an academic coaching session (Room 606) – time slots are available this week! Our Academic Coaching team (Mrs. Weakland, Mr. Smith, Mrs. Miller, Mr. Hatcher, Mrs. Calles, and Mrs. Mattsson) are ready to support YOU in the way YOU choose! YOU decide date and time of appointment, frequency of appointments (3x is recommended!), length of appointment, and the content of appointment.
Use the ACADEMIC COACHING QR CODES posted throughout the building and outside teachers’ classrooms to secure an appointment with one of our AWESOME Academic Coaches!
On November 5th, after school there will be a great chance for anyone to get service hours. Come to the cube and help rearrange the college banners for quick and easy service hours! Hope to see you there!
Seniors, Juniors and Sophomores are invited to sign-up on Naviance Student to visit with College Admission Representatives coming to Cannon School. Students must get permission from their classroom teachers prior to attending an admissions event. Students who need assistance accessing their Naviance account or registering for college visits should contact their college counselor.
11/5: Hofstra University and Montreat College
11/6: Lynn University, Landmark College and Stetson University
11/7: University of Delaware
11/11: North Greenville University
11/21: Salisbury University
12/5: Savannah College of Art and Design