“Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” -Stephen King
Thanks, Zoe Smith, for helping the US community by returning trays to the cafeteria! That is superb INTEGRITY!!
Thanks for showing your PASSION during community meeting and helping with the presentation: Andrea Moore, Jackson Welsh, Cole Ventura, Izzy Ortiz, and Clint Harris.
Carli Gordon, Anna Hiza, Hadley Neal, Angel Brown, AbbyJo McLaughlin and Olivia Kinsella demonstrated KINDNESS when they noticed a new student eating lunch alone and invited him to sit with them. Way to go, ladies!
Big thanks to Stephanie Richard, Kailey Baez, Carter Otey and Anthony Muraca for helping Mr. Smith and Mrs. Miller test drive a new reflective assignment. We learned so much from these awesome students’ help.
Jack McDermott and Jonah Presser demonstrated COURAGE when they led their history (!) classes in how to figure some mathematical calculations. Thank you!
Grace Winchester showed KINDNESS by being an excellent partner to her classmate!
Hannah Rosa really impressed Mrs. Miller day 3 of English class with her awesome insight that effective writers anticipate what their readers don’t know and want to find out.
Cade Lewis demonstrated TEAMWORK when he helped Dean Zelaya with a project. Thanks, Cade!
- Sat., Aug. 26, 9 am-12 pm- College Kick-Off for Parents of Seniors only. At least one parent is required to attend.
- Mon., Aug. 28- All seniors must report to Room 610 during English Drop. Bring your laptop!
- Mon., Aug. 28- Scholarship applications requiring a Cannon School Nomination are due at 3 pm to Ms. Mann via google doc. This first deadline is for Bryan, Morehead-Cain, Park, Levine, Belk, and Centennial scholarships. The scholarship “Request for Nomination” form, essay(s), and activities résumé are all due no later than 3 pm.
- Fri., Sept. 1- All seniors meet by House during Student Life. Bring your laptop! Locations TBD.
Charlotte Area College Programs- mark your calendar and register in advance!
- Carnegie Mellon– Tuesday, Sept. 5, 7:30 pm
- Clemson, University of South Carolina, and College of Charleston– Monday, Sept. 11, 6:30 pm
- Emory University, Johns Hopkins University, the University of Notre Dame, the University of Virginia, and Washington University in St. Louis – Tuesday, Sept. 26, 7 pm
- Northeastern, Tulane, George Washington, Southern Methodist, and Notre Dame– Monday, Oct. 7, 7 pm
- Johns Hopkins University– Wednesday, Oct. 11, 7 pm
Auditions for this year’s Cannon Theater Company productions are coming right up – don’t miss them! They will be held after-school (and at lunch for fall athletes) Thurs Aug 24, Fri Aug 25, and Tues Aug 28. Details, sign-up, and the audition form/script can be found at www.cannonschool.org/ctc. Also, there is a meeting on Thurs Aug 31 at 7:00pm for all students and parents of students auditioning for CTC this year. After the meeting, from 7:45-9:00pm, the whole community is invited to watch a special performance of “The Sneeze: Comedic Plays and Stories by Anton Chekhov”, which 13 CTC students performed to packed audiences at the world famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland this summer!
Do you have an interest or a passion that you want to share with the rest of our student body? Have you considered starting or leading a club? If so, fill out this Google Form to propose your idea for a club in the Upper School. Club leadership is open to ANY Upper School student. Deadline for club proposals is 8/31 by 3pm. Club proposal form: https://goo.gl/forms/eJR1wnQZtMug8LB62
We will have a Club Leader meeting on 9/1 during Student Choice in Foundation Hall to ensure you all have the information you need to be ready for Club Fair on 9/8!
Seniors, Juniors and Sophomores: Please sign up through your Family Connection account to visit with College Admission Representatives visiting Cannon School. You must receive permission from your classroom teacher if you will be missing class to attend a session. If you are interested in a college, but unable to attend an event, please let your College Counselor know so he/she can collect information on your behalf.
Texas Christian University
University of South Carolina
Franklin & Marshall College
The University of Georgia
Washington and Lee University
Christopher Newport University
University of Denver
University of Vermont
University of Miami
College of William and Mary
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Wheaton College IL
Nova Southeastern University
High Point University
Agnes Scott College
Johns Hopkins University
Queens University of Charlotte
College of Charleston
University of Rochester
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Georgia Southern University
University of Chicago
University of Richmond
Washington University in St. Louis
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Daytona Beach
Sewanee: The University of the South
St. Lawrence University
Miami University, Oxford
Ringling College of Art and Design