“Once again…welcome to my house. Come freely. Go safely; and leave something of the happiness you bring.” ― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Madison Hendry, Whit Norton, Ian O’Neill, & Jack Christman
Kristen Sharma showed KINDNESS when she let Ms. Otey know her car lights were left on.
Student Drivers and Bus Riders:
- AM: Drivers must make a right turn ONLY at the intersection just beyond the Upper School Building
- PM: You may not leave campus until ALL bus traffic has exited the campus.
- PM: If you have a sibling in LS or MS, you must walk down to pick them up.
- PM: From 2:30pm until all of the busses exit, no traffic will be allowed to the back of the building.
The 1st Senior to tell Dean Booker “Winter is Coming.” will earn a prize.
Eclipse Information: https://eclipse.aas.org/sites/eclipse.aas.org/files/AAS-Solar-Eclipse-Intro.mp4
- Sat., Aug. 26, 9 am-12 pm- College Kick-Off for Parents of Seniors only. At least one parent is required to attend.
- Mon., Aug. 28- All seniors must report to Room 610 during English Drop. Bring your laptop!
- Mon., Aug. 28- Scholarship applications requiring a Cannon School Nomination are due at 3 pm to Ms. Mann via google doc. This first deadline is for Bryan, Morehead-Cain, Park, Levine, Belk, and Centennial scholarships. The scholarship “Request for Nomination” form, essay(s), and activities résumé are all due no later than 3 pm.
- Fri., Sept. 1- All seniors meet by House during Student Life. Bring your laptop! Locations TBD.
Charlotte Area College Programs- mark your calendar and register in advance!
- Carnegie Mellon– Tuesday, Sept. 5, 7:30 pm
- Clemson, University of South Carolina, and College of Charleston– Monday, Sept. 11, 6:30 pm
- Emory University, Johns Hopkins University, the University of Notre Dame, the University of Virginia, and Washington University in St. Louis – Tuesday, Sept. 26, 7 pm
- Northeastern, Tulane, George Washington, Southern Methodist, and Notre Dame– Monday, Oct. 7, 7 pm
- Johns Hopkins University– Wednesday, Oct. 11, 7 pm
Auditions for this year’s Cannon Theater Company productions are coming right up – don’t miss them! They will be held after-school (and at lunch for fall athletes) Thurs Aug 24, Fri Aug 25, and Tues Aug 28. Details, sign-up, and the audition form/script can be found at www.cannonschool.org/ctc. Also, there is a meeting on Thurs Aug 31 at 7:00pm for all students and parents of students auditioning for CTC this year. After the meeting, from 7:45-9:00pm, the whole community is invited to watch a special performance of “The Sneeze: Comedic Plays and Stories by Anton Chekhov”, which 13 CTC students performed to packed audiences at the world famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland this summer!
Do you have an interest or a passion that you want to share with the rest of our student body? Have you considered starting or leading a club? If so, fill out this Google Form to propose your idea for a club in the Upper School. Club leadership is open to ANY Upper School student. Deadline for club proposals is 8/31 by 3pm. Club proposal form: https://goo.gl/forms/eJR1wnQZtMug8LB62
We will have a Club Leader meeting on 9/1 during Student Choice in Foundation Hall to ensure you all have the information you need to be ready for Club Fair on 9/8!